The National Disability Insurance Scheme is transforming the way disability services are funded and delivered across Australia. Its core is that it provides participants with choice and control over who, what when and where their supports are provided.
Many NDIS participants have difficulty understanding their plan and best way to use the funding to meet their needs and goals.
AIIM Choices can provide training to providers to give industry staff insights into how to support and guide participants to achieve the most from their plan. It’s about assisting participants to achieve their goals and optimum level of independence.
Training is delivered in a variety of way based on the needs of each group. For some groups, an informal question and answer session is the best way to improve understanding of key issues identified by the group. More formal presentations are also possible covering:
- Overview of the NDIS – the foundation of a NDIS Plan
- NDIS processing requirements
- Reading plans from the participants perspective
- Answering participants questions
- Importance of service agreements
- How to deal with participants with “disappointing” NDIS plan